Image Map

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Waiting Place

The rainy season is here in WA. Friday nights football game was a downpour. Ellie's LAST cheer game for the season was wet too. It has been raining so much here there are just standing puddles everywhere. Which made me realize my kids do not have rain boots yet. My rain/snow boot of choice this season are the Slimpack Riding Boot by Sorel
I went and ran a 10k yesterday down in Portland. It drizzled on us just a little, but most of the race it was dry. I hate running in the rain, so that made me happy. And now when I say ran, I really mean I walked and lightly jogged. I am not a runner. I just don't think I'm built for it. This one lady ran by me in this itty bitty tank and like bikini bottoms. She looked like a freakin gazelle. I was like WHAT? Today my hip muscles are so sore. I physically wasn't ready for that long of a race, but I pushed myself and I did it in 1 hr 24 min. Today my body is reminding me of that. I think I deserve a pedicure today.

I'm not sure where to begin really with house news. I can say this, the county approved our drainage/scoping plan on Friday. So that took a little less than 2 weeks #miracle. The next step is submitting everything for the building permits. But we aren't going to do that just yet. And that's all I want to say right now. There has been I guess what you would call a "development" or opportunity. We are waiting to see how it plays out, and we will know in about 2 weeks. I feel like we are in the section in the Dr. Seuss book, "Oh the places we will go", its called The Waiting Place.
Image
Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come,
or a plane to go or the mail to come,
or the rain to go or the phone to ring,
or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

And for your Monday morning smile. Here is Peyton in one of the 3 trips he made me take with him to the bathroom at the game Friday night. It's hard to get annoyed at that face.

See you Wednesday for What I Wore.

No comments:

Post a Comment