Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

It's Monday, again

Monday's are just not my favorite day. I never feel fully rested; I'm trying to lay out the week ahead, I'm annoyed enough things didn't get accomplished over the weekend, etc. Monday's just suck. But the good news is, its just a day and it will be over quickly.

I slept terrible last night. I didn't feel great, went to sleep at like 8:30. Two kiddos ended up in our queen size bed in the middle of the night, and you know that is crowded. I was hot, then cold, then sweating. Before I knew it my alarm was going off, and I just told myslef I'm not ready to get up. I went to the kids bed and slept another hour. Sometimes you just need to do that for yourself. We are serioulsy sitting down and telling the kids NO MORE SLEEPING IN OUR BED! Its just so hard when they come in in the middle of the night, I'm half out of it and don't want to argue. I know this is the lazy way out and no one wins in the end. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm racking my brain for what happened this week. Its kind of a blur. M T Th Sat was cheer. Ive been trying hard to walk the track while Ellie's at these practices. Gotta do something with those 2 hours. I'll be sad once the nice weather is gone and its pouring rain.
Friday I had the day off work and got to hang out with Baby Bailey. We all unfortunately just had to hang out at the car dealership. The car needed an oil change, and then I got the good news that I need tires. I knew this was coming. They warned me the last time I was in that the tread was low. Now my inner and outter tread were done, and I was just running on middle tread. Its all very technial appearantly. Tread depth, and all these numbers. I was like look guy, you gotta write this down because 1) I gotta baby on my hip and a 4 yr old standing here, so I'm not really paying attention to you; 2) I have no clue all these details your telling me and have to relay it to Kyle anyways.  So in the end and $900 later we got new tires. Kyle texted asking me how they look, I'm thinking "really?" they look black becasue they are tires. If I spend $900 on something I would prefer to have something really exciting to show for it. But I know tires are just one of the realities of life. No one tells you this when you're 18, dang adult life!
Then Friday night was the BIG rival football game, Capital Cougars v Olympia Bears. And the highlight was that the University of Washington marching band came and performed. Such a great experience for the kids in the band program. Their cheerleaders/dance team came too. I was a little shocked at their performance, and I don't consider myslef a modest person. But this was a high shcool game, and that performance was way too provactive. I never knew band music could be danced to like that. That type of ass shanking needs to be saved for the club. I'll get off my old lady/mom rant now. It was a great night, and the Cougars WON!


Saturday was the auction for our local school. It only happens every other year, thank goodness. We always have a "really" good time. And the next day we always ask oursleves why we stayed up so late, drank too much, etc. This year was a 70's theme and everyone really got into it. I think some of the older people outshined us youngsters :-) I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was too busy chatting. Kyle almost won us an iPad air. It was a game they played where you had to pick heads or tails (by placing your hands on your head or your butt) and then the host flipped the coin. Kyle kept winning! out of the whole crowd, he was in the top 4. Well, he lost in the end, which is probably OK. Because the host was like "you should really just give iPad back to the school for the kids" and the lady did! which is awesome, I probably would have been like "I am! its for MY kids which are students, win-win". This is probably why we didn't win.
House news is SO not exciting. The trusses are engineered. We have to change a few walls in the bounus room for the truss sizes, so kyle made those changes to the floor plan this weekend.  For example, there was a 18 ft wall in the front, and it had to be made to 16ft, and then the other wall was like 24 ft, and had to be made to 22ft. So we lost a few sqft, and that is totally OK. So last weeks goal of having plans all submitted to the county this week were scraped, shocker. Kyle was like look, October 1 is the reality. This is what our command center for everything house looks like, good thing no one eats dinner at this table.
One good thing is we had called the school a week or so ago and had them submit the letter to the county that our disctrict does not have an impact fee. That is good because appearantly on the 17th this month, a impact fee goes into effect! Which is like $2k. So we got that in just in the nic of time.

In news that you can look forward to, I should have some really good stories for next week. The matriarch of the family, Grandma Annie, will be staying with us this week. I know right, how can one more single person fit in this house! Luckily she brought her monsterous of a motor home down yesterday. A cousin is getting married Saturday, and Gma Annie and Sue are doing the flowers. So I just know its gonna be chaotic and Sue will be in a dither. I am going to invest in a few bottles of wine. So stay tuned to those stories next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment