Image Map

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's starting...

So things are starting to shape up around Camus Road. Kyle has cleared the property, dug out for the foundation, put in a gravel road and now the form boards are up to start the foundation pour this weekend. We got our bid this week for the framing, $39k! Ouch. But a nice bonus was that included the siding for the house. The power company is lined up to come out the first week of January to hook up temporary power during construction. So looks like the coal is loaded and this train is pulling out of the station! FINALLY!!


Speaking of trains...This past weekend the Camus clan headed down to Portland to visit Kyle's sister Lynsie and her family. We watched the movie polar express Friday night and then on Saturday took the kids to the Mt. Hood Railroad station and did the "polar express" train ride. It was so fun, they really liked it. They all wore matching PJs. Got to enjoy these moments while they last, pretty sure Ellie isn't going to believe in Santa much longer. She's a little on the fence this year. After all that, Saturday night we let the kids make gingerbread houses. That was interesting. I think there was more eating going on that building. And the putting the whole house together is always tricky. Ellie lost her roof about 2 minutes after I took a photo of her completed house.




I am nearly done with all my holiday shopping. I have done 95% of my shopping on-line. I just don't have the time to make it to the stores, and well frankly I don't want to go to the stores and deal with all the people. My Grinch side I guess. Only store I've actually shopped for is at Spruce and Bon Lemon. Other than that, my amazon prime membership has been getting good use. Now I just have to do the whole wrapping thing.


I've actually missed not having my own tree to decorate, or house to put holiday decorations up in. I've never been a huge decorator but of course this year I've found all this things I'd love to get to make a house festive. Next year...


and for my WIWW, well I'm wearing what I wore in my last WIWW: Sweater + Leather. Its been my go-to for the past few Wednesdays.


Have a Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment