Image Map

Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunshine and ....Breve

Let me see if I can recap week 3: I started the week with offering to mow my in-laws grass. I love to mow actually. This shocks most people. I like riding on the mower...really not having to think about much. And of course, working on my tan. So Monday was a lovely day and I pulled out the tank and shorts and hopped on the mower. Now, this mower is new to me, so it took me over an hour to work out the kinks. This consisted of me scalping one part of the lawn, grass getting stuck in the blades and the mower shutting off...and well me taking a break or two. I finally got in the groove and mowed the placed. I was feeling so confindent that I decided to mow the sloped lawn between the in-laws house and Gma Lois's house. Appearantly its steeper than it looks. I felt like I should have been wearing a seat belt. So did I mention I'm wearing shorts? I am, and my legs are grossly sweating on the plastic seat. Like I hit a bump and slide sweat. So this became really interesting on the mountain (hill). I completed it, but I must say...I didn't think I was going to finish it without some sort of crashing either climbing up or flying down the hill.

In the never ending saga of Breve the cat....As you read in last Mondy's post, he was lost. We went camping and I couldn't find him. We yelled and looked, and still no luck. So Thursday I'm at work, and I get a text from Chantelle (new house owner), and the text reads "Does this belong to you?" And you know what, its a picture of Breve! Yes, that stinker went ALL THE WAY (1 mile) back to our old house! I loved Chantelle's telling of her finding him: She opened the door, and out he pops from under her car...yelling at her. She was so nice, and went to Traders Joes and got him some cat food. I tried to explain that now he will NEVER leave, because he gets the cheap stuff at the store, Friskies. So he has been back now several days...and has stayed. Though he usually is not easy to find in the mornings. So when he shows up late afternoon/evening he's starving and yells. Hopefully he'll settle in to a routine here shortly, otherwise Chantelle may be adopting him :-)


I went and had my eyebrows waxed and tinted this week! never done that. And to be honest its been a really long time since I've maintained by brows. In my mind...they looked fine. Well I was horribly wrong.  A little maintence can make a BIG difference. Take care of your self girls!! 


Oh and the REAL highlight of my week, no it was not finding Breve, was dinner with our relator Jessica Chase and her husband. Love her. She made this whole process of listing and selling our house so easy. She's amazing. If you are in the Oly area and need a realtor to sell or buy a home, you must use her. I'm not kidding.  And now I have a new friend too. So it was really a win-win. We went to dinner down at Heathfire on the water. Enjoyed the sun, though Kyle hated that part. We ate and sipped mojitos. In the end we closed down the place! haven't said that in a long time. Granted the restaurant closed at 10, but still I feel really proud about that.

This is a house blog after all right? So the pain in my side currently...among a lot of things actually, is cabinets. There is such a HUGE range. You can go custom. You can go semi-custom. You can scrounge some kitchen cabs for $7k, or you can blow your wad for $30k+. Its such a dilemina. I want quality. This isn't something I want to remodel in 10 years. Nor do I want my hinges falling off. So Kyle has me getting bids it feels like from every single cabinet maker in the NW. We have meet with a custom cabinet maker, BeechTreeWoodworks, and I'm in love with his ideas, his heart for the project, etc. And I know I will get exactly what I'm paying for. But in the end...it doesn't get me every single cabinet area I need (aka laundry cabs) and its at the top of the budget for that area. So I'm getting one more bid...and then I'm making a decision. Any tips on this is GREATLY needed. Again though, I know everyone has a different opinion about cabinets too.

The other thing bothering me is just everything is sooooo slow. And actually its not that its slow, but so out of my control. You just have to sit and wait for John Doe to do X, and then Scuba Steve needs the info from X to do Y...and they say 2 weeks, but you're currently on week 4 and still nothing. Okay, I've vented.

So all that got accomplished this week was Kyle meeting with the well drilling guy on Sunday, and he's got us in the schedule for sometime in the next 3 weeks....right. #$(% !!!

Oh...actually the more I think about it, a lot happened this past week! We also got to spend some QT with our friends the Chases (different from Jessica :-) ). And we had a lovely time crashing at their lake home all weekend. Peyton LOVES the Chases. He asks when we will see them all the time. It doesn't hurt that they a) have a mountin of hot wheel cars for him to play with b) have a house where he can swim all day.  So we bbq'd and took boat rides, and the kids got to get in some tube time. This coming week is going to have some competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment